Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Campus MovieFest Grand Finale

This weekend was a blur.

For those who don't know, this past week I was in Hollywood, CA for the screening of my film, The Strong One. This Saturday was the screening, along with other Campus MovieFest short films.

The screening went well, and received positive response from those who saw it.

Saturday evening was the awards ceremony. Out of 5 nominees, I was thrilled to receive the award for Best Director. The experience was surreal.

Near the end of the ceremony, my film, The Strong One, was selected as Best Picture.

I am so blessed and thankful to receive this award. Being awarded this honor has made me think back to all the things that helped me get to this point: My parents reading novels to me as a kid, my friends putting up with me as I tried to direct a film at 16 years old, all the teachers that encouraged me and challenged me. The feeling of being blessed was overwhelming.

I am thankful for the opportunity to share my films with so many people - To spread stories that help us as humans better understand life and truth.

I would like to say a special thanks to Campus Movie Fest for providing the opportunity; Josh Bielick for providing the amazing visuals and music that bring the story to life; Tim Reavis for his trust and vulnerability in allowing us to use his story; my parents for their undying support, and God for the strength and ability to do this.


A rainy day in February on the set of 'The Strong One'



















The playwright Christopher Fry said something which summarized my passion for story and my drive for imagination. It says:

"Imagination is the wide-open eye which leads us always to see truth more vividly."

No comments:

Post a Comment