Friday, January 6, 2012

First day of shooting


Today is the first day of shooting for my first feature, Unforgotten. Filming will last 2-3 months, and editing is estimated for about 2 months, putting us with an early June release.

It’s been a long journey to get to this point. We still have a long way to go, but getting to this point is an important and meaningful step for me.

I have had the concept for this film in my mind for some time. I remember working on the script during the Summer of 2010, when I first worked with Silo 12 Productions as an intern. Even at that time, I began to plan and envision how the film could be made, and what would have to come together for my vision to be realized.

Here I am, less than two years later, and I am directing this film with an enthusiastic cast and crew.

After the final revision of the script was completed at 91 pages, I looked back over my drafts to find the earliest version I could find. It was 48 pages long. It was intriguing to see which scenes have changed, which have stayed the same. Looking back over the early draft put this project in a different perspective: It started out as an idea, became a script, and slowly but surely, the cast and crew began to give it life. In 5 months, it will be a full feature film.

I could not be more excited to continue this journey with all of the people that have joined and supported along the way. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment